Main Street Idea Pitch is a downtown revitalization idea competition typically during Virginia Main Street’s Downtown Intersections conference. Due to the public health emergency, the pitch competition is postponed as more information is released about the governor’s Temporary Stay At Home Order. Please stay tuned! More information will be available during the Downtown Intersections Virtual Conference, taking place July 28-30, 2020.
The Main Street Idea Pitch competition is geared towards stimulating the Virginia Main Street network of communities and professionals to craft imaginative Main Street project ideas. Projects should:
- Connect to the community’s vision to create vibrant, people-centered places to live, work and invest.
- Support the any of the four key areas Main Street programs have been using as a guiding framework for over 35 years: economic vitality, effective promotion, quality design and sustainable organization.
- Focus on highly visible changes, measuring progress, and results that demonstrate the revitalization effort is under way and succeeding.
Potential project ideas can include, but are not limited to:
- Nonprofit organizational development
- Market studies and strategy development
- Downtown organization website development
- Design and place-making projects
- Entrepreneur support programs
- Buy local and extended store hours programs