Virginia Main Street, administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development, invites you to submit nominations for outstanding achievements in comprehensive downtown revitalization efforts. Awards will be presented during a special celebration at the Virginia Main Street Downtown Intersections summer training, July 22-24, in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- All levels of participants in the Virginia Main Street Network (Virginia Main Street Designated Communities and DHCD Commercial District Affiliates) may submit applications.
- To be eligible, all projects, activities, or events submitted for recognition must be completed between April 1, 2018, and March 31, 2019.
- Each project or activity may only be nominated in one category.
- For purposes of this award, “downtown” is defined as the traditional, compact, pedestrian-oriented central commercial district of a community. Historic commercial neighborhood districts are also eligible to apply if part of the Virginia Main Street Network.
- Award Nominations must be received by 5 p.m., April 19, 2019. Late and incomplete nominations will not be considered. Please email complete applications as Word documents and photos in jpeg format. PDFs of supporting material may also be included. Email to email@example.com.
- A complete nomination package includes the Award Nomination Cover Form and the one- to two-page narrative.
- Please specify the exact name or title of the individual, business, event, or activity as you wish it to appear on the awards on the Award Nomination Cover Form. PLEASE CHECK SPELLING.
- The criteria vary among the categories – we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the criteria for each category prior to completing the nomination.
- A jury of downtown revitalization peers will review nominations to evaluate how the projects meet the criteria described under each of the nomination categories. The jury reserves the right to eliminate categories if a reasonable number of worthy nominees have not been submitted in a given category. Award judges also reserve the right to move a nomination to a different category.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by three to 10 good quality digital photos in jpeg format. Digital images submitted with your entries become the property of Virginia Main Street and may be used for future presentations and publications. Do not submit copyrighted photos.