Virginia Main Street staff spends a lot of time on the road. One trip might take you from Richmond to Berryville to Bristol – all in one day (true story). That is a lot of miles logged and a lot of down time behind the wheel. How do we stay awake, and maybe even spend the time productively? Podcasts!
There are podcasts for every interest that will inspire, educate, and entertain. Here are a few essentials for nonprofits, leadership, and entrepreneurs that Main Streeters will love!
- The Harvard Business Review IdeaCast is a “weekly podcast featuring the leading thinkers in business and management.” Don’t be intimidated by the Harvard part, or thrown by the Business part. There is something here for everyone interested in personal and professional development.
- Hosted by Dr. Rob Harter, the NonProfit Leadership Podcast features strategies and stories from seasoned nonprofit professionals. Check out the episode with the Fundraising Coach!
- Classy is quickly becoming a go-to in the nonprofit world, with practical guides and resources for Social Media Marketing and Successful Fundraisers, and their podcast is another great offering. It is billed as “Stories of People Who Stand for Something” and focuses on the stories of nonprofit executives who are driving change.
- The Main Street Entrepreneur will help you to understand your small businesses and help you think entrepreneurially as well. Topics include “Develop Your Supporting Cast” and “Maximize All Available Resources.”
- Talking About Cities “unearths innovative ideas for making cities successful” and comes to us from the Kresge Foundation, whose mission is Expanding Opportunities in America’s Cities.
And don’t miss Main Street America’s CEO Patrice Frey talking to Larry Lucas on “Refreshing Main Street!”
Do you have a podcast that inspires you in your community revitalization work? One that has provided valuable guidance for your organization, or inspiration for your programming? Let us know!