The weather is starting to turn the corner from Winter to Spring (right? please?) and you might find yourself struck with spring fever! So what’s the cure? A day trip to one of Virginia’s beautiful Main Streets! There is literally something for everyone happening around the state, and here is a sampling of what is going on this weekend on Main Street…
Thursday, March 8th
- Downtown Wytheville is unveiling the recently completed Edith Bolling Wilson mural as a part of their Heritage Walkway – ribbon cutting is at 4:00 p.m.
- Fredericksburg Main Street is hosting Jenny Crittenden, the director of the Main Street Preservation Trust in Gloucester, for a training on 21st Century Retailing. This event is free, and a preview of Jenny’s presentation at Main Street Now Conference in Kansas City, MO later this month!
Friday, March 9th
- Start you weekend with a trip to Manassas to see a performance of Swan Lake.
- Inspired to dance yourself? Head to Bristol and join the Bristol Ballet for Latin and ballroom dance lessons!
Saturday, March 10th
- Color Your Canvas Kidz is happening in Gloucester in support of Gloucester Arts on Main and is a great, crafty way to start with weekend with you kids.
- In both Marion and Lynchburg the Farmer’s Market is year round. From 10:00 a.m. – noon in Marion and 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in Lynchburg.
- The Danville Science Center’s When the Earth Shakes exhibit is now open and the River District can be enjoyed any day of the week!
- If you haven’t been to the Beacon Theatre in Hopewell you can make the trip this weekend to see Ricky Skaggs on Saturday night!
Sunday, March 11th
- Wind down the weekend with karaoke night at the Redbeard Brewing Company in Staunton.
- Harrisonburg and Culpeper are both hosting Restaurant Weeks and you won’t want to miss out!