Keep these opportunities on your radar!
- Do you have an amazing business in your downtown that needs some resources to “take it to the next level?” Check out the Future of Shopping Small grant.
- The over 55 crowd has disposable income. Can your farmers market do more to meet their needs? Improving Social Connectedness and Food Security
- Speaking of farmers markets, USDA Rural Development has funding available for marketing and promotions.
And, do not forget the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development grants in the Community Development Division that have deadlines coming up:
- The VMS Commercial District Affiliate Grant is a great resource for market studies, small design projects or seed funding for a facade grant program. Grants of up to $7,000. Applications are due March 16!
- Does your downtown or commercial district have storefronts that are move-in ready? Are the entrepreneurs in your community looking for training and start-up funding? Check out the Community Business Lauch Grants due April 15!
- The Industrial Revitalization Fund does not just revitalize industrial buildings. Theaters, hotels, mixed-use with housing and museums have all taken advantage of these funds rehabilitate buildings and revitalize downtowns. Applications are due May 15.
- Community Development Block Grants can fund planning projects, business district revitalization and comprehensive community development. Learn more on our website.
Questions about any of these programs? Contact our program administrators for more information on how our resources can be leveraged together for maximum impact on your community!