Excitingly, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has launched Ascent, a free online learning platform that’s designed to help women entrepreneurs grow and expand their businesses. The new program will advise on preparing and recovering from disasters, strategic marketing and business financial strategy development. It’s divided into major topics called Journeys, developed by experts in women’s entrepreneurship. Within each Journey, you’ll find Excursions with the tools you need to master a topic. You’re the boss of when and how to apply these tools to your business!
There are five Journeys that participants can select:
- Disaster and Economic Recovery
- Strategic Marketing
- Your People
- Your Business Financial Strategy
- Access to Capital
Things you’ll learn within Excursions:
- Exercises and Tools: Learn and apply growth practices to your business!
- Fireside Chats: Learn from experts about how women grow their businesses!
- Infographics: Gain a snapshot view of growth concepts!
- Success Stories: Be inspired by stories from real-world entrepreneurs!
- Discussion Guides: Use questions to stimulate thinking for you, your advisors or team!
- Videos: Grasp key concepts in just minutes!
- Key Insights: Understand key topics to support your business growth!
- Self Assessments: Benchmark your current practices through self-focused inventories!
Women are often left behind in the workforce because they face multiple significant barriers from the start of their business due to a lack of access to capital. They own or co-own 45% of all businesses in the United States, and these businesses represent all types of industries and are owned by all types of women. The majority are small, with great potential for growth in both revenues and job creation. That’s why SBA created Ascent and packed it with in-depth information to help women grow their businesses!
Click here to start learning and view more information about each Journey and its Excursions!
Image Credit: ascent.sba.gov