In coordination with its 5G network rollout to millions of rural households across America, T-Mobile wants to give one lucky community a $3 million techover (tech makeover). If you love your hometown, the wireless network operator encourages you to submit an entry to transform your small town!
Towns with populations of 50,000 people or less are eligible to apply, and you only have to submit a video or photo and explain why your hometown is so special. The deadline to enter the contest will be May 8 at 12:00 a.m. EST.
The $3 million techover includes the following:
- Upgraded 5G wireless service
- A $200,000 grant for community development
- A refurbished Little League field
- Public space connectivity upgrades
- 100 T-Mobile prize packs, featuring free wireless and home internet service, free 5G phones and a new TV
- A free concert to celebrate, featuring Florida Georgia Line
- Free wireless service for all first responder agencies via the T-Mobile Connecting Heroes program
“For far too long big cities have reaped the benefits of upgraded technologies while small towns are left to wait months or years for their turn. That’s helped fuel the digital divide in rural America. We’ve wanted to find a way to rewrite that narrative for a long time, and now thanks to our merger with Sprint, T-Mobile has America’s largest, fastest and most reliable 5G network. This puts T-Mobile in a unique position to be the best in the world at connecting customers to their world – including those in smaller markets and rural communities – and opening up new economic opportunities throughout America.” – Job Freier, Executive VP of Consumer Markets, T-Mobile
Click here to check out and enter the T-Mobile Hometown Techover contest!
Image Credit(s): T-Mobile