The Rural Leadership Institute (RLI) is a rural leadership program that develops and supports highly-skilled, highly motivated leaders who are committed to revitalizing their communities across the Commonwealth. RLI addresses the need for high-quality, professional leadership and economic development training that equips community leaders with the skills they need to lead long-term economic advancement in their community and region. The program also seeks to increase cooperation, collaboration and coordination across a broad array of organizations and sectors.
RLI provides opportunities for participants to hear from economic development and leadership experts, engage with and learn from peers, apply knowledge through classroom exercises and learn about community successes.
RLI Cohort Members will:
- Increase understanding of leadership, data and issue trends in Virginia
- Increase understanding of community & economic development
- Teach skills in effective collaboration at the local, regional and state level
- Increase knowledge of resources available to their community and how to access them
- Build a regional network of community leaders to encourage peer learning, resource sharing and collaboration
- Become part of the Center’s leadership alumni network, which will provide annual professional development, mentoring and peer networking
Applications for the 2022 Cohort will be due by March 15, 2022!