The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) announced that applications are open for the new VTC Recovery Marketing Leverage Grant! Understandably, the COVID-19 pandemic has had negative impacts on the Virginia tourism and hospitality industries, and that’s why VTC has sought to help businesses and/or organizations utilize needed grant funds to strategically re-enter the marketplace, spurring economic activity and travel across the Commonwealth.
The application for the VTC Recovery Marketing Leverage Grant differs from past VTC Marketing Leverage Program applications. Check out a quick overview of the changes below:
- There is a different online application process compared to previous years.
- The program contains one funding level with a maximum award of $20,000.
- Unless additional funds become available, this will be the only round of marketing leverage grants in this fiscal year.
- There is no cash match requirement; however, an in-kind match value is required.
- Applicants will need to identify two (2) other partners who they can work alongside to leverage marketing dollars.
- If applicants incorporate a VTC Brand campaign into their marketing plan, bonus points will be earned.
- The grant program remains highly competitive. Applications should be strong and fully complete.
- Due to the anticipated number of submitted applications, there will be no draft review of applications.
- VTC will only accept online applications.
Read the VTC Recovery Marketing Leverage Program (MLP) Terms & Conditions to learn more information on allowable expenses under the VTC Recovery MLP. Download the VTC Recovery MLP (Word Document) to see the questions you will answer in the application, as well as view the recent VTC Recovery MLP Webinar for an overview of the grant program. Use the following password to gain access to the webinar, Sv.6*Dt.
The deadline to submit applications will be Thursday, September 17, 2020, and award announcements will be made by Friday, October 30, 2020. If able, we highly encourage you to take advantage of this fantastic grant opportunity!
Lead Image: Downtown Farmville, VA