Virginia Main Street (VMS) invites participants within the VMS Network, referring to Advancing Virginia Main Street, Mobilizing Main Street and Exploring Main Street communities, to submit nominations for outstanding achievements in comprehensive downtown revitalization efforts! Excitingly, awards will be presented during a special virtual celebration during the final webinar of the Creating Community Vitality Series on December 08, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. Award recipients will also receive a scholarship to the 2022 Main Street Now Conference in Richmond, Virginia!
To be eligible, all projects, activities, or events submitted for recognition must be completed between January 01, 2020 and June 30, 2021, and each project or activity may only be nominated in one category, which are the following:
- Organization | Best Bounceback Strategy
- Promotion | Best Downtown Business Promotion
- Promotion | Best Special Event Innovation
- Economic Vitality | Outstanding Business Support Program
- Design | Best Outdoor Placemaking Project
- Design | Best Adaptive Reuse Project
- Volunteer of the Year (only for Advancing Virginia Main Street communities)
Click here to learn more about eligibility, submittal information, nomination criteria and more!
The deadline to submit award nominations is November 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.