The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will be holding a Building Entrepreneurial Economies (BEE) Innovation Day on Wednesday, December 6, in Charlottesville, VA. Community leaders and small business enthusiasts will discuss innovative ideas in entrepreneurship development, as well as offer inspiration and education to plan for and create a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem in their communities.
Our panel of experts and educational topics include:
- Trends in Entrepreneurship – Mike Lenox, The Darden School, UVA
- Building Partnerships for an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – Annette Patterson, The Advancement Foundation
- Thinking Entrepreneurially both Internally and Externally – Martin Kaszubowski, The Center for Enterprise Innovation, ODU
- Resources for Entrepreneurs – David Touve, i.Lab at UVA
- The Gig Economy: The Next Generation of Work – Larkin Garbee, 804RVA
Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss various aspects of DHCD’s Building Entrepreneurial Economies (BEE) and Community Business Launch (CBL) programs with some our past grantees, and to tour the i.Lab facility at UVA.