Lexington is celebrating the start up of four new downtown businesses!
On the evening of April 11, more than 100 fans witnessed a group of aspiring entrepreneurs pitch their best ideas for new downtown businesses in a one-night version of “Shark Tank,” with $60,000 in grants awarded. Main Street Lexington hosted Launch Lex, which provided an eight-week business training program and culminated with the competition. The room sizzled, and the community is still reeling from the excitement. Congratulations, entrepreneurs!
On Main Street, small business support like this is essential for a vibrant downtown. If you don’t currently have anything to offer, the U.S. Small Business Administration has you covered.
The U.S. Small Business Administration and SCORE Association will host a free, three-day virtual conference during National Small Business Week. The conference will take place Tuesday-Thursday, May 1-3 from 12:30-6:30 p.m. ET each day.
The virtual conference offers all the best parts of an in-person conference, but without the hassle of traveling. Watch 12 educational webinars, get free business advice from mentors, pick up free information and resources from sponsors and network with fellow business owners.
The webinars include:
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
- Simple Steps to Choosing the Right Financing
- Pop andPlay: How Opening a Pop-Up Shop can Help Launch Your Retail Brand
- How to Get New and Repeat Business On Autopilot with Email Marketing
- The U.S. Economic Outlook and its Impact on Small Businesses
- Grow Your Business in 2018